On a recent trip to Salt Rock,we found these little beauties growing on the hill above the beach. Does anyone know what they are? Sarah www.eyereports.wordpress.com
“Located in the scenic Amathole region of the Eastern Cape in South Africa, Essential Amathole has been established to produce a range of organic essential oils and medicinal plant extracts for the global market”. Still and nursery in Hogsback As many of you know, I keep returning to Hogsback, and Essential Amathole is one of […]
This plant came up in a friend’s garden. Could someone please identify for me. I think it is exotic so it doesn’t matter where it came up but for interest’s sake I live in Durbanville , Cape Town. Hot dry summers, wet winters. This photo was taken late August, which is still very cold and […]
I was recently up in the Midlands for work and we stopped off at the Caversham Press, a writers and artists retreat. This amazing tree was in their courtyard, heavy with pink flowers. Does anyone recognise it? Could it possibly be indigenous? More on the Press at www.cavershamcentre.org. (more…)
This fynbos plant has remarkable colouring. The leaves are a blue-grey and its flowers go from a purple to a lovely brown. Again, I forgot to keep the name of it so if anyone recognises it please let me know. Although it looks like it wouldn’t do so well in Durbs, it is thriving in […]
- Stuart: Ever find a source?...
- FplAssistMan: Are the seedlings available anywhere?...
- bushdoctor: Hi folks I'm looking to buy seed please advise...
- Avril Harvey: Hi Mick We are a herbal product and services comp...
- nowcounts: Well, I am thrilled to report our yard has been fr...
- Companion Planting Competition November 16, 2011
- How cool is spekboom? February 12, 2009
- Syringas March 11, 2009
- Wanted: Jade vine creeper July 17, 2012
- WIN: The Lazy Man’s Guide to Saving the World July 2, 2013
- August 20, 2015
- The Shore Break August 20, 2015
- The Witness Garden Show 2015 July 23, 2015
- South Africa’s Plastic Recycling Statistics for 2014 July 1, 2015
- Help identifying tree often used in landscaping June 23, 2015