The Deputy Minister of Water and Environmental Affairs, Ms Rejoice Mabudafhasi, celebrated World Oceans Day in Port St. Johns, Eastern Cape on Monday 10 June 2013. At the celebrations, she launched the National Estuarine Management Protocol which aims to protect and preserve the environmental integrity of South Africa’s estuarine ecosystems. “Estuaries form a key connection between […]
Hello from the Wild Coast, Sustaining the Wild Coast (SWC) are highly concerned that the Department of Mineral Resources is entertaining new attempts by MRC, the Australian company with an interest in mining the Wild Coast, and their South African subsidiary TEM, to renew their prospecting licence for the Kwanyana block at Xolobeni along Pondoland’s Wild […]
I am getting used to the Cape vegetation and the abundance of Protea plants here. The variety is amazing! Here is a pic I snapped last year in the Easter Cape, near KwaZulu-Natal. I gather this is a type of Protea or am I mistaken? The colour of the flowers is so vibrant and there […]
I have posted these elsewhere and Niall also posted some pics but I thought I should share these beautiful Aloes we came across on the side of the road in the Eastern Cape. Happy Monday! 🙂 (more…)
- Tina Botha: If you live in Nelspruit, the Research institute a...
- Teresa: Hi Pieter. Which nursery? The one by the road at t...
- Muhamed Alli: Hi I am based in Midrand I Tried to email and call...
- Pieter Steenkamp: I have jade vines at my Nursery in White River mpu...
- Detlef: Hi please can you contact me in regards with the ...
- Companion Planting Competition November 16, 2011
- How cool is spekboom? February 12, 2009
- Syringas March 11, 2009
- Wanted: Jade vine creeper July 17, 2012
- WIN: The Lazy Man’s Guide to Saving the World July 2, 2013
- August 20, 2015
- The Shore Break August 20, 2015
- The Witness Garden Show 2015 July 23, 2015
- South Africa’s Plastic Recycling Statistics for 2014 July 1, 2015
- Help identifying tree often used in landscaping June 23, 2015