A few months ago, we made a trip to Dwesa Cwebe Nature Reserve in the Eastern Cape. It is quite a drive and the roads are pretty bad – you need a vehicle with high suspension. But once you get there, the dense coastal forests, natural lagoons and beach are pretty much all yours. Well, that […]
Coral trees are flowering all over Durban at the moment. We have posted on the ease with which they can be grown from seed and the speed at which they grow but the winter months reveal their full glory – leafless with striking orange-red flowers. (more…)
As a follow on from Niall’s post on coral trees, http://sprig.co.za/2009/04/baby-coral-trees/, and the continuing series on introducing indigenous plants to your garden (see post below), get some coral trees! As Niall says, they are very easy to propagate – the babies in his post (and two others) came from this tree (see pic), which I planted as a […]
My brother has grown two coral trees from seed and Kirsty has volunteered to give them a good home (I already have three in my garden). It really is an easy tree to propagate and is very rewarding in your garden. It has beautiful, bright red flowers each spring (which attract the sunbirds) and loses […]
- LeeAnn: Hi I have the beautifully flowered plant. I got ...
- Nelani Mabuza: Hi Archie in Nigel, South Africa, kindly help I am...
- aneil: @Bina i visited local garden centers and found goo...
- Catherine: Good day my name is Catherine i have mixed chemica...
- Shirley maritz: Where in pietermaritzburg would i be able to buy t...
- Companion Planting Competition November 16, 2011
- How cool is spekboom? February 12, 2009
- Syringas March 11, 2009
- Wanted: Jade vine creeper July 17, 2012
- WIN: The Lazy Man’s Guide to Saving the World July 2, 2013
- August 20, 2015
- The Shore Break August 20, 2015
- The Witness Garden Show 2015 July 23, 2015
- South Africa’s Plastic Recycling Statistics for 2014 July 1, 2015
- Help identifying tree often used in landscaping June 23, 2015