We headed down to the Climate Change Response Expo on Saturday. Located in a gaggle of tents next to The Workshop, the expo hosts a number of stalls – from climate robots (courtesy of UKZN) to solar water heaters, electric cars and enviro-NGOs. Cape Town has an excellent stand showcasing all their green products. Durban’s […]
Not everyone is convinced that the negotiators at COP17 are representing their views and a large, diverse group of protestors (including a group of Climate Clowns – no jokes!) descended on Durban on Saturday to make their voices heard. As a nation we love a good protest, let’s just hope our leaders are listening. More […]
This is amazing! CNN has developed and are exhibiting – at the Climate Change Response Expo – an organic, 3D digital plant, which uses tweets tagged with #COP17 to ‘grow’. Each stem on the plant is an actual tweet and you can zoom in and read them, providing a real-time view of the global climate change […]
The organisers of COP17 have made a first pass estimate for the Carbon Footprint of COP17. The estimate of 76,900 tonnes of CO2 equivalents assumes a maximum of 25,000 delegates attending the event. The pie chart below shows that the majority of the estimated footprint comes from international travel. The organisers will release a final estimate […]
As part of the COP17 events, a massive baobab tree (the emblem for the conference) has been constructed. Lights in the tree are powered by stationary cycles surrounding it – pretty cool huh? (more…)
- Olga: Where can I get Comfrey I'm in Durban. Please hel...
- Bethwell Zulu: Hi I'm in East London, Eastern Cape is there anyo...
- Nerina Davids: No problem. I can supply you with many comfrey pla...
- Sebusang Sebusang: hi Nerina I'm in Gaborone, Botswana and would ...
- Naledi: Hi Nerina I'm located in Pretoria I'd like for y...
- Companion Planting Competition November 16, 2011
- How cool is spekboom? February 12, 2009
- Syringas March 11, 2009
- Wanted: Jade vine creeper July 17, 2012
- WIN: The Lazy Man’s Guide to Saving the World July 2, 2013
- August 20, 2015
- The Shore Break August 20, 2015
- The Witness Garden Show 2015 July 23, 2015
- South Africa’s Plastic Recycling Statistics for 2014 July 1, 2015
- Help identifying tree often used in landscaping June 23, 2015