I took these pics a few weeks ago in Silvermine Nature Reserve when the Cape had just started blooming. By now, the spring flowers are popping up everywhere. Can anyone identify these? As I have said before, when it comes to Cape flora, I am a newbie
I have noticed this flower fairly often in the Cape. With its tight buds and sturdy stem, it seems quite different from what one might encounter in Durban. I’m new to the Cape. Does anyone know this plant? Is it indigenous?
I snapped these pics the last time I was in the Cape. The vegetation is a far cry from that of Durban so I have no idea what this is.. Who can fill me in?
Garden and Home Profile
- Lorraine: This delightful succulent is commonly called 'Don...
- Niall: Chilli flakes is a great idea; and super-useful!...
- Crystal: My chilli bushes are also going mad at the moment....
- Lorraine Solomon: Marigold petals are edible, some varieties having ...
- Louise Rash Torr: Use the fresh petals in salads. Marigolds are edib...
- Companion Planting Competition November 16, 2011
- How cool is spekboom? February 12, 2009
- Syringas March 11, 2009
- Spring has Sprung Competition September 13, 2012
- Mystery plant February 17, 2010
- My name is Jade May 19, 2013
- Chilli chilli May 19, 2013
- Best Marigold May 18, 2013
- Please help: what are these lovely plants? May 16, 2013
- Yellow Poinsettia May 15, 2013
Follow @SPRIGBLOG on Twitter