I took these pics a few weeks ago in Silvermine Nature Reserve when the Cape had just started blooming. By now, the spring flowers are popping up everywhere. Can anyone identify these? As I have said before, when it comes to Cape flora, I am a newbie 🙂 (more…)
I have noticed this flower fairly often in the Cape. With its tight buds and sturdy stem, it seems quite different from what one might encounter in Durban. I’m new to the Cape. Does anyone know this plant? Is it indigenous?
I snapped these pics the last time I was in the Cape. The vegetation is a far cry from that of Durban so I have no idea what this is.. Who can fill me in? (more…)
- Moira Visser: Hi Diane, We are recyclers of all solvent based pr...
- Nicela: Hi Donovan, could you please contact me when the p...
- Belinda McLintock: I supply organic tumeric root. You welcome to cont...
- Elizabeth: What an incredibly irresponsible article. Not rese...
- Caroline Toich: Ah thank you so much, June is perfect! My email ad...
- Companion Planting Competition November 16, 2011
- How cool is spekboom? February 12, 2009
- Syringas March 11, 2009
- Wanted: Jade vine creeper July 17, 2012
- WIN: The Lazy Man’s Guide to Saving the World July 2, 2013
- August 20, 2015
- The Shore Break August 20, 2015
- The Witness Garden Show 2015 July 23, 2015
- South Africa’s Plastic Recycling Statistics for 2014 July 1, 2015
- Help identifying tree often used in landscaping June 23, 2015