A friend gave me these two plants recently. At the same time she lent me a book on aloes so I read up on these new additions to my collections. Interestingly, one is a dwarf aloe while the other is not an aloe at all but an ‘aloe-like’ plant. Can you guess which is aloe? [...]
Check this guy out. From the Imfolozi Game Reserve. I’m presuming it is a type of aloe?
As if nature’s bounty weren’t enough, I’ve now found a forum to share my passion. Thanks. In Durban, nature will happen! I just have to share the results of adding a few aloe and euphorbia cuttings along with some leaf litter, to feedbags half filled with
Hi, I wonder if anyone can help identify these aloes, they were photographed in the Waterberg, Limpopo Provence in early May. Many thanks, Peter
10th & 11th July 2010. Also Departs on the weekends of 3rd & 4th and 17th & 18th July. Enjoy an amazing return steam train ride from Creighton, alongside the Ngogwaan river, through thousands of beautiful & colourful Aloes where you will be able to take a spectacular photo. Enjoy on 10th & 11th July an eventful weekend with birding tours, mission tours, scenic Cycle ride; Art exhibitions Vintage engines [...]
Hi Spriggers! My aloe looks unhappy… Any idea why? It’s kind of blotchy and the tips are dying. I thought I was watering it too much, but I’ve stopped that and it still looks bleak. Help please! Bridget Visit my website: www.bridgetmcnulty.com
I live in Durban, which has a sub-tropical climate, and am a huge fan of aloes. A few aloe veras, which I have planted on a shady bank, have developed a fungus (close-up on second pic) which seems to be rotting the plant. Any suggestions as to what it might be and a possible cure?
I have posted these elsewhere and Niall also posted some pics but I thought I should share these beautiful Aloes we came across on the side of the road in the Eastern Cape. Happy Monday!
I submitted a photo of a flower of an aloe in Oct last year. I have managed to get hold of a stem of the plant that may assist in the positive ID of the Aloe. Have a look.
I found this Aloe growing on an empty suburban plot in Cape Town. I would like to know which one it is. I was drawn to it by the color that is darker than the usual orange. The opening is a lime green/yellow.
Garden and Home Profile
- Niall: Andre, I would water it once a week or so. They ar...
- Andre Diederichs: Hi I have juts planted a spekboom in a pot. It is...
- Sanford W. Mann: You probably had the "nice" marigolds--deodorize...
- Samantha van riet: Great article-we should be planting vegetable in e...
- JuliannaGee: Kloof SPCA has a few of these growing on the large...
- Companion Planting Competition November 16, 2011
- How cool is spekboom? February 12, 2009
- Syringas March 11, 2009
- Spring has Sprung Competition September 13, 2012
- Mystery plant February 17, 2010
- Crops planted on rooftops, underground create new jobs, lower temperatures June 10, 2013
- OFFERED: Spekboom and campfire crassula June 5, 2013
- Awesome green wall June 4, 2013
- Hello again! June 4, 2013
- Seeds or seedlings? May 26, 2013
Follow @SPRIGBLOG on Twitter