Don’t miss the Indigenous Plant Fair, on 4 & 5 Sept 2010 at Munies Sports Field, John Zikhali (Sydenham Rd), next to Durban Botanic Gardens. Open 09:00-16:00 both days. Huge selection of plants and also food, displays and experts at hand to advise. Entrance is R5.00 with children free. Bring your own wheelbarrow to avoid […]
Apart from Moses Mabhida being the best stadium in South Africa, it also has some pretty cool landscaping. Indigenous trees and plants have been used to soften the structure, creating a grassland with groves of trees. I like it a lot! Patrick (more…)
I recently came across this government article. Good news for our rivers! Durban – With the aim of meeting the socio-economic goals in South Africa, Water and Environmental Affairs Deputy Minister Rejoice Mabudafhasi launched the Isipingo Adopt a River Project. During the Budget Vote Speech in April this year the department announced (more…)
For our Cape Town and Jozi readers – bring the festival to Durban next year! Buried in Earthskin DIR: Helena Kingwill / SA / 2009 / 50min Living at the end of the world, on the tip of Africa, very rarely do we feel threatened by nuclear contamination, yet this well-balanced, thoroughly researched and enlightening […]
This article from Worldchanging provides a good insight and relevant links into the growing (sorry) Guerilla Gardening Movement, particularly in the USA: The popularity of guerrilla gardening is growing. National Public Radio recently covered two stories on the subject, one on American seed bombing and another on night-time planting in London. We’ve covered guerrilla gardening […]
- M P Brandt: The Baobab Forest is close to Thulamela, Pafuri. T...
- Lisa: I'm interested in some of the beard if there's a...
- Joe: Hi Jozy. Yes, I can hook you up with some comfrey,...
- carol: Hi all...I'm also looking ..where can I find in t...
- Jozy: I am interest in a Comfrey...
- Companion Planting Competition November 16, 2011
- How cool is spekboom? February 12, 2009
- Syringas March 11, 2009
- WIN: The Lazy Man’s Guide to Saving the World July 2, 2013
- Spring has Sprung Competition September 13, 2012
- Help identifying tree often used in landscaping June 23, 2015
- Durban Invasives Target List June 15, 2015
- Permaculture Food Garden Workshop Durban June 2, 2015
- SPANISH MOSS June 2, 2015
- Wanted: Dragon Fruit and Prickly Pear cacti cuttings May 27, 2015