This article from Worldchanging provides a good insight and relevant links into the growing (sorry) Guerilla Gardening Movement, particularly in the USA: The popularity of guerrilla gardening is growing. National Public Radio recently covered two stories on the subject, one on American seed bombing and another on night-time planting in London. We’ve covered guerrilla gardening […]
You may have notice a new button on the right of our blog. We’ve decided to enter this year’s blog awards and need your help to nominate us. Click on the button, then fill in your email address and wait for the confirmation email to come through. Please let us know if the confirmation email […]
A few months back the dogs devastated my patch of garden. It was heart-breaking … so I focused on gardening in pots and my permaculture beds. Since then, the dogs have lost interest and the garden has bounced back. I’ve decided to give it another shot and am loading the garden with spiky aloes, hardy […]
My mom recently won an indigenous tree in a competition (cool prize, hey?). Its a Milletia grandis or umSimbithi in Zulu. Its endemic to KwaZulu-Natal and grows near the coast, flowering at Christmas with a mass of purple flowers. Unfortunately, it has now become quite rare in the wild as its wood is very hard […]
I think a gardening blog’s best friend is a cooking blog. Once you’ve grown your veges and herbs, you need some guidance as to what to do with them. Two new cooking blogs have recently taken my fancy, both local. At Still Life with Wooden Spoon, Chris documents his favourite recipes and the food he […]
- Tanya Pienaar: Hi SariNa Did you find bitter melon seeds? I am...
- mol-d: Thanks for the suggestions, Dani!...
- Dani: Peas - they can climb up your balustrade. (speed t...
- Annemarie van der Walt: Hi I live on the south coast. Do you know.any sto...
- Lorraine Solomon: I applaud the idea of seeding in urban areas, espe...
- Companion Planting Competition November 16, 2011
- How cool is spekboom? February 12, 2009
- Syringas March 11, 2009
- WIN: The Lazy Man’s Guide to Saving the World July 2, 2013
- Spring has Sprung Competition September 13, 2012
- Wanted: Dragon Fruit and Prickly Pear cacti cuttings May 27, 2015
- Ori KickStarter project by Seed Guardians Slovenia May 21, 2015
- What has been happening in renewable energy in South Africa? A summary for those not in the know. May 20, 2015
- Our Gorgeous Green House Talk and Garden Tour May 18, 2015
- Out of the ashes: Notes on the March 2015 Cape Town Wildfire May 14, 2015