You may be interested in Eco-Lens at the Durban International Film Festival (22 July to 1 August 2010): Filmmakers are key agents in keeping a watchful eye on threats to human ecology and environmental balance in films such as Scientists Under Attack, and South African Carlos Franciso’s American Foulbrood. When the water that comes out […]
I’ve noticed this striking tree in bloom all around my neighbourhood – in the scary kid park, outside the Pakistani hairdresser and lining the streets. Its the middle of winter so quite surprising to see such a display of colour. It is great but I know little about it – could it be indigenous? Patrick […]
Native woods and trees in urban areas, including gardens, provide haven for wildlife, reduce air pollution, surface run-off and flooding Reversing the declining numbers of native trees and woods in cities would provide numerous benefits at ‘relatively little cost’, says a report from the Woodland Trust. As well as access to green space, the report, […]
From the latest Springwise newsletter: Peer-to-peer garden sharing Community based urban farming Grocer launches rooftop garden
- Bruce: Have you found a solution to this problem? My gems...
- Elna Engelbrecht: My indigenious impatiens is taking over my garden ...
- africanblisssoap: Our dogs alerted us to a baby water mongoose in ou...
- henry: We're in south africa can I get bittermelon tea p...
- Devi: Hi Merle Mulder I'm looking for three curry leave...
- Companion Planting Competition November 16, 2011
- How cool is spekboom? February 12, 2009
- Syringas March 11, 2009
- WIN: The Lazy Man’s Guide to Saving the World July 2, 2013
- Spring has Sprung Competition September 13, 2012
- Build Your Own Polytunnel from Scrap January 27, 2015
- WANTED: Scarlet Jade Vine (Mucuna bennettii) January 21, 2015
- WANTED: Zamioculcas (Zanzibar Gem) January 20, 2015
- Giant Flag December 11, 2014
- WANTED: Curry Leaf Tree Seeds December 10, 2014