From the latest Springwise newsletter: Peer-to-peer garden sharing Community based urban farming Grocer launches rooftop garden
This beautiful little succulent is currently flowering – can anyone identify it and provide any more information about it? For example, is it from South Africa? If so, where? Karoo?
Last year we bought a tree fern in a pot for the patio (they’re imported into the UK) – and they’re sold for anything between £20 to £40 “per foot”. I think we paid about £60 for ours. It had a happy summer until the fronds slowly died as it got colder towards the end […]
Mr Kanjanga is a farmer from Ntcheu District in Phambala, Malawi. In 1975, having seen the deteriorating effect that the application of chemical fertilisers was having on his crops, he decided to return to the composting techniques he had seen used by his father in the 1930s. His crops started to improve so significantly that […]
- Deon Bekker: What would be the closest place/nursery,etc we can...
- Tiy: Please check Seeds for Africa, I bought seeds from...
- rosalind: Tanglewood Nursery, Hilton, PMB carries turmeric p...
- Helen: I have lots of 'old man's beard' if it is any u...
- Thabang: Hello I'm in need of fava beans and as you mentio...
- Companion Planting Competition November 16, 2011
- How cool is spekboom? February 12, 2009
- Syringas March 11, 2009
- WIN: The Lazy Man’s Guide to Saving the World July 2, 2013
- Spring has Sprung Competition September 13, 2012
- Giant Flag December 11, 2014
- WANTED: Curry Leaf Tree Seeds December 10, 2014
- WANTED: Air Plants December 9, 2014
- OFFERED: Parrot Flower plants November 20, 2014
- WANTED: Spekboom cuttings – Durban/Cape Town November 7, 2014