Here is a pic, as requested by Pi, of one of the ‘over-enthusiastic and misunderstood little gardeners’ :P, looking cute and innocent (see evidence of her active side here).
The Imagine Durban project has recently published a permaculture guide for schools, freely available through the Municipality. Written by Bev Ainslie, the book covers all aspects of permaculture gardening with information on soil, water and seeds. There are also chapters on garden design, composting and natural pest control. Hopefully it’ll soon be available in electronic […]
The forthcoming garden expo and open gardens event will be held in Durbanville on 30-31 October this year. Here is a press release to download.
Hello Seed Savers, You may be interested in our new website called SeedLiving for buying, selling and swapping open pollinated seeds and live plants. It is entirely a pay what you can website. You may also post news & tips for free as well as events. The site is international although we are based in […]
Don’t miss the Indigenous Plant Fair, on 4 & 5 Sept 2010 at Munies Sports Field, John Zikhali (Sydenham Rd), next to Durban Botanic Gardens. Open 09:00-16:00 both days. Huge selection of plants and also food, displays and experts at hand to advise. Entrance is R5.00 with children free. Bring your own wheelbarrow to avoid […]
- LeeAnn: Hi I have the beautifully flowered plant. I got ...
- Nelani Mabuza: Hi Archie in Nigel, South Africa, kindly help I am...
- aneil: @Bina i visited local garden centers and found goo...
- Catherine: Good day my name is Catherine i have mixed chemica...
- Shirley maritz: Where in pietermaritzburg would i be able to buy t...
- Companion Planting Competition November 16, 2011
- How cool is spekboom? February 12, 2009
- Syringas March 11, 2009
- Wanted: Jade vine creeper July 17, 2012
- WIN: The Lazy Man’s Guide to Saving the World July 2, 2013
- August 20, 2015
- The Shore Break August 20, 2015
- The Witness Garden Show 2015 July 23, 2015
- South Africa’s Plastic Recycling Statistics for 2014 July 1, 2015
- Help identifying tree often used in landscaping June 23, 2015