I made a small veggie garden with my niece and nephew and they really loved the whole process, particularly when the seeds sprouted. It is great for kids to see where their food comes from and the earlier they get involved with gardening and the environment the better. Ash (more…)
Sunday Tour and Tea at 9:30am last Sunday of the month 25 July: Muthi, Myths & Meanings Cost R60p/p Hear and share tales and facts about medicinal plants in the Gardens. The tour will include some insights on the dynamics of the formal and informal medicinal plant industry in Southern Africa, as well as the […]
At the weekend we went for a hike in Hout Bay. As well as great views (Signal Hill and the back of Table Mountain in the distance), I came across this strange plant. It is the flattest that I have seen yet! Any ideas on it? (more…)
Recycling can be a task. You need to separate your waste and haul it off somewhere. Surprisingly, it is more of a task in Cape Town as the Municipality doesn’t offer recycling bags for paper and cardboard or a recycling collection service. Think again! Recycling can be easy! (more…)
eco-minded folk out there… (more…)
- Nicola Anthony: The problem on your Euphorbia is probably Mealy Bu...
- shirley long: I live in Durban and need to get rid of old paint ...
- Susan: Wanted jade vine creeper seeds....
- Helen: Hello, I also have quite a bit if you still need ...
- Nicola Anthony: I suggest Berea grass. No contact details to phone...
- Companion Planting Competition November 16, 2011
- How cool is spekboom? February 12, 2009
- Syringas March 11, 2009
- WIN: The Lazy Man’s Guide to Saving the World July 2, 2013
- Spring has Sprung Competition September 13, 2012
- Fungus on succulent February 26, 2015
- WANTED: Nerines CAPE PENINSULA February 4, 2015
- Buffalo Grass Blues February 2, 2015
- WANTED: Comfrey Plant Durban January 28, 2015
- What is this plant? January 28, 2015