In the Mother City the mountains are ablaze. It is late summer. Four days ago the fire started in Farmer Peck’s Valley adjacent to the seaside suburb of Muizenberg, known for its surf and sharks. Sitting here at home it is 42°C and the sound of helicopters are a constant background alongside the low hum of […]
I have posted a fair bit on the proposed mining of Xolobeni in the Eastern Cape, the local opposition to it and the hardball tactics that the Australian-backed mining company has used to go ahead with its plans to mine the ilmenite-rich coast. Conflict over the mining of the Xolobeni area have resurfaced. Follow the Sustaining […]
Hello! Here we go! We’re off and running – crowdfunding for a container to for an eco-education hub at our nursery in Woodstock. Help us in the transformation of this space to a community resource for environmental education and hands-on experience: “We have managed to transform this space from a pile of rubble to an […]
The South African Eco Film Festival starts tomorrow. Details HERE.
Researchers at Michigan State University have created a fully transparent solar concentrator, which could turn any window or sheet of glass (like your smartphone’s screen) into a photovoltaic solar cell. According to Richard Lunt, who led the research, the team are confident that the transparent solar panels can be efficiently deployed in a wide range […]
- Stuart: Ever find a source?...
- FplAssistMan: Are the seedlings available anywhere?...
- bushdoctor: Hi folks I'm looking to buy seed please advise...
- Avril Harvey: Hi Mick We are a herbal product and services comp...
- nowcounts: Well, I am thrilled to report our yard has been fr...
- Companion Planting Competition November 16, 2011
- How cool is spekboom? February 12, 2009
- Syringas March 11, 2009
- Wanted: Jade vine creeper July 17, 2012
- WIN: The Lazy Man’s Guide to Saving the World July 2, 2013
- August 20, 2015
- The Shore Break August 20, 2015
- The Witness Garden Show 2015 July 23, 2015
- South Africa’s Plastic Recycling Statistics for 2014 July 1, 2015
- Help identifying tree often used in landscaping June 23, 2015