Sprig is six-and-a-half years, 1132 posts, 785 tags and 3401 comments old. We have some new, exciting, and time-consuming projects on the go, so to create new space, time and energy for these, it is time to say goodbye to our old friend, Sprig… The website is inactive but will be kept online as an archive. Thanks to […]
In the Mother City the mountains are ablaze. It is late summer. Four days ago the fire started in Farmer Peck’s Valley adjacent to the seaside suburb of Muizenberg, known for its surf and sharks. Sitting here at home it is 42°C and the sound of helicopters are a constant background alongside the low hum of […]
I recently did the Otter Trail with friends and it was amazing! It is hiking trail along the Garden Route coast of South Africa, named after the Cape Clawless Otter, which inhabits this region. The trail is widely regarded as one of the finest in the world and stretches from Storms River Mouth in the east to Nature’s […]
Hi Spriggers Please see attached the details of Geoff Nichols’ presentation taking place this Thursday evening at the Westville Methodist Church. Bookings to be made through www.lllkzn.net
Dear bloggers, I hope you can help me! I have heard that there is a gel available to put on the trees that keeps fruitflies away. Has anybody heard of that, and where will I be able to find it. I live in McGregor, Western Cape. Growing-greetings, Monica
- Shirley maritz: Where in pietermaritzburg would i be able to buy t...
- Tanya: Hi , can anyone tell me if the leaves are good to ...
- Greg Pettit: I have 640 Turmeric plants in bags, sorry but I am...
- Glenn: For Cape Town try Redz Farm - firstname.lastname@example.org....
- Sarah Bekker: I have had a jade vine for more than 30 years. Bu...
- Companion Planting Competition November 16, 2011
- How cool is spekboom? February 12, 2009
- Syringas March 11, 2009
- Wanted: Jade vine creeper July 17, 2012
- WIN: The Lazy Man’s Guide to Saving the World July 2, 2013
- August 20, 2015
- The Shore Break August 20, 2015
- The Witness Garden Show 2015 July 23, 2015
- South Africa’s Plastic Recycling Statistics for 2014 July 1, 2015
- Help identifying tree often used in landscaping June 23, 2015