I planted these containers several months back, with slips from various succulents. They’ve all thrived and looking fantastic, in autumn colours.
I recently came across these lovely flowers while in the Cape. Can anyone identify them for me please? Regards, Karen
Can anyone help Avashnee and her son out? mol-d Hello, I came across your website, and was wondering about Wild Dagga (Leonotis Leonurus). I have a son who is suffering from very bad Eczema and many people told me to get him to bathe in this? Please could you let me know. Thanks, Avashnee Manickum
A few months ago, we made a trip to Dwesa Cwebe Nature Reserve in the Eastern Cape. It is quite a drive and the roads are pretty bad - you need a vehicle with high suspension. But once you get there, the dense coastal forests, natural lagoons and beach are pretty much all yours. Well, that [...]
Hi to you both, I found your site via the great article in the Garden and Home July issue!! I live in Kloof in KwaZulu-Natal and have successfully propagated a number of plants of the streptocarpus saxorum from a slip a friend gave me. See the picture. I wonder if you could tell me where I [...]
Hi Spriggers, Last year we ran a competition to win Jeannine Davidoff’s ‘South African Planting and Companion Planting Guide‘. In conjunction with *earthwormproductions* we are doing the same again this year in our ”Spring has Sprung” competition. The South African Planting and Companion Planting Guide has over 150 vegetable, herb, flower and fruiting species mentioned and [...]
The annual BotSoc (Botanical Society) Indigenous Plant Fair takes place on 1 & 2 September 2012, from 9 am – 4 pm each day, at the Munies Sports Field, John Zikhali Road (Sydenham Road), Durban, just below the Durban Botanic Gardens. This popular indigenous plant extravaganza showcases the widest variety of indigenous plants available at [...]
Hi all, I am in the eastern side of Preoria and have a few small strelitzias available. Both Nicolai and reginae… I would like to swap these for some ferns.
We’ve decided to grow a small forest at the back of my parents property and are looking for young trees and seedlings. Anyone have some they have been growing and want to get rid of, to a good home? Will collect in Durban. Cheers, Niall
Hi Spriglets, Not sure if you know about it but thought your readers might enjoy iSPOT. I spent last week at the fynbos forum so am bursting with great new info that I can send through Cheers, Nadia
Garden and Home Profile
- Niall: Andre, I would water it once a week or so. They ar...
- Andre Diederichs: Hi I have juts planted a spekboom in a pot. It is...
- Sanford W. Mann: You probably had the "nice" marigolds--deodorize...
- Samantha van riet: Great article-we should be planting vegetable in e...
- JuliannaGee: Kloof SPCA has a few of these growing on the large...
- Companion Planting Competition November 16, 2011
- How cool is spekboom? February 12, 2009
- Syringas March 11, 2009
- Spring has Sprung Competition September 13, 2012
- Mystery plant February 17, 2010
- Crops planted on rooftops, underground create new jobs, lower temperatures June 10, 2013
- OFFERED: Spekboom and campfire crassula June 5, 2013
- Awesome green wall June 4, 2013
- Hello again! June 4, 2013
- Seeds or seedlings? May 26, 2013
Follow @SPRIGBLOG on Twitter