Sprig is six-and-a-half years, 1132 posts, 785 tags and 3401 comments old. We have some new, exciting, and time-consuming projects on the go, so to create new space, time and energy for these, it is time to say goodbye to our old friend, Sprig… The website is inactive but will be kept online as an archive. Thanks to […]
Check out this list of alien invasive plants in Durban: https://www.durbaninvasives.org.za/target-list No syringa though?
I have this plant in my garden and I need to know what it is, it is a very fast grower and already higher than the roof. The leaves grow cylindrical around the stems and it now has green berry like “fruit” in a cluster. Can someone please help?
The Department of Environmental Affairs has set aside R200 million to further regulate invasive alien species. The amount budgeted over the next three years is in addition to the R4.2-billion budget to control alien species through the Working for Water Programme. Invasive alien species are species that have been introduced into an area and are […]
Invasive animals are just as detrimental to the environment and conservation efforts as invasive plants. Mallard ducks (Anas platyrhynchos) threaten the genetic integrity of some indigenous ducks, while house crows (Corvus splendens) compete against indigenous bird species for resources and spread human enteric diseases. These are just two examples of many alien invasive animals threatening […]
- Jan: Hi, I'm also looking for ceropegua woodii. Anywhe...
- Pat: I know this is a very old post, but I am looking t...
- Naseema: Its actually found everywhere right under your nos...
- Jurgen: So Kava was banned for selling in South Africa due...
- Jude: Java plum tree...
- Companion Planting Competition November 16, 2011
- How cool is spekboom? February 12, 2009
- Wanted: Jade vine creeper July 17, 2012
- Syringas March 11, 2009
- WIN: The Lazy Man’s Guide to Saving the World July 2, 2013
- August 20, 2015
- The Shore Break August 20, 2015
- The Witness Garden Show 2015 July 23, 2015
- South Africa’s Plastic Recycling Statistics for 2014 July 1, 2015
- Help identifying tree often used in landscaping June 23, 2015