I love propagating plants and have a wonderful collection of spekboom, campfire crassula and even aloe vera plants that have grown well and are ready to be planted out. If you are interested in any of the above, give me a call. I live in Sunset Beach along the West Coast. Sue Maxwell 0827055585
About via Email
Seeds or seedlings? Using seedlings is easier and saves time, but the variety of available vegetables is limited. Choose the strongest, healthiest looking plants. If the seedlings start out weak, they will always struggle to grow and your harvest will be small. Growing vegetables from seed can be challenging. I planted only seedlings for the [...]
I’ve been wanting one of these awesome jade plants for ages (they are retro and cool) and my housemate brought some cuttings home. Any tips on how to look after this fascinating plant?
Hi Spriggers, I’ve got bushes and bushes of these little chillies, can someone give me a recipe to make a chilli jam or something? Cheers!
Spriggers I love these bushes in my garden but am not sure what they are called. They have lovely flowers and berries. Can someone give me some more information on them?
Check out this lovely yellow poinsettia we have blooming in the garden!
Just sharing this lovely cactus flower!
All are welcome to our talk by Clive Greenstone on Living Green Roofs in South Africa, to be held at the Durban Botanic Gardens Visitors Centre on 27 May 2013 at 6 pm. Full details of the talk are available for download HERE. Many thanks, Kind regards Sandra Dell (secretary) Botanical Society of SA KZN [...]
Spending time in a natural space is the best way to regain vitality. Fresh air, natural light and the smell of trees and flowers can really help body and mind to slow down and relax. Working in the garden is a great way of finding oneself – a way back to nature and of doing [...]
Our comfrey plants are thriving – what can we actually use it for?
Garden and Home Profile
- Niall: Andre, I would water it once a week or so. They ar...
- Andre Diederichs: Hi I have juts planted a spekboom in a pot. It is...
- Sanford W. Mann: You probably had the "nice" marigolds--deodorize...
- Samantha van riet: Great article-we should be planting vegetable in e...
- JuliannaGee: Kloof SPCA has a few of these growing on the large...
- Companion Planting Competition November 16, 2011
- How cool is spekboom? February 12, 2009
- Syringas March 11, 2009
- Spring has Sprung Competition September 13, 2012
- Mystery plant February 17, 2010
- Crops planted on rooftops, underground create new jobs, lower temperatures June 10, 2013
- OFFERED: Spekboom and campfire crassula June 5, 2013
- Awesome green wall June 4, 2013
- Hello again! June 4, 2013
- Seeds or seedlings? May 26, 2013
Follow @SPRIGBLOG on Twitter