WANTED: Bitter Melon Seeds

I am looking for bitter melon seeds, also known as bitter gourd, foo gwah or karela. I can swap almost any vegetable seed or wouldn’t mind paying either. I am in Pretoria.

Thanks, Sarina.

, ,

23 Responses to WANTED: Bitter Melon Seeds

1. Pierre October 31, 2013 at 8:11 pm #

Hi,
    I would not be able to help you with bitter melon seeds; but, I was wondering if you would like to swop fruit, vegetable and herb seeds with me. I have a big variety; including very exotic seeds.

Pierre

2. mari November 13, 2013 at 8:06 am #

hi dear i arrange good quality bitter guard seeds and some vegetables seeds thanking u

3. Albert February 24, 2014 at 10:06 pm #

I am also looking for the seeds , I wonder where can one buy them in south Africa ?

4. Albert February 24, 2014 at 10:09 pm #

Where does one get karela / bitter gourd seeds in south Africa?

5. mbolo April 12, 2014 at 2:01 pm #

Do you still need bitter melon seedm I have a quantity and can help you contact me mbolombolo@yahoo.com

6. Tauming Liu May 10, 2014 at 3:21 pm #

HI Dear, Do you still need bitter gourd (Momordica charantia) seeds? I would like to trade it with you for calabash (Lagenarnia siceraria) or succulent seeds like Elephant Foot (Dioscorea elephantipes) seeds.
    I studied in South Africa 26 years ago for one year and travelled a lot around the country. I know there are a lot of different calabashes and plants there.
    As an hobbist, I’m growing watermeons, melons (melon, var. albida Makino), wax gourd (Benincasa hispida) and calabashes. Please contact me taumingliu@gmail.com

7. Angela May 11, 2014 at 6:26 pm #

I would like to buy karela seeds. I am in south Africa.

8. Tauming Liu May 13, 2014 at 9:54 am #

Would you like swap karela seeds with succulent seeds with me? I can teach you how to grow karela. I live on Taiwan, such a distance is not a problem for swaping of hobbyist. It is winter on SA, when spring comes, you can grow it.

9. Gabriel September 12, 2014 at 8:40 pm #

Hi I can’t find it in Ssouth Africa , I live in Pretoria. I tried to contact mbolo but to no sucsess. If some one can help me find Bitter gourt seeds it would be a blessing.

10. Joe October 11, 2014 at 11:51 am #

Hello everyone, if anybody is looking for karela in Johannesburg; you can find the vegetable at a fruit and veg store in Joburg called Rama’s corner 6th and church street, Mayfair.Its an Indian run veg store and they stock a variety of stuff that you would not necessarily find anywhere else. I’m sure if you sourced the vegetable you could get the seeds from inside. I was also able to find turmeric root, madumbi and calabash there.

Hope this helps…..Bye

11. Emmanuel zvada November 5, 2014 at 10:04 pm #

Carera l used to sell it when l was in Zimbabwe to diabitic people :and l used to buy it to some farmers who where planting it for indians:the last time it was 5dollars a satchets of 3 which is 50 rand :call me 0848646270 for more information

12. henry January 5, 2015 at 12:18 pm #

We’re in south africa can I get bittermelon tea pls help

13. Tanya Pienaar May 26, 2015 at 8:55 am #

Hi SariNa

Did you find bitter melon seeds? I am also in south africa

Tanya

14. Archie July 26, 2016 at 11:22 am #

I have karela seeds and moringa seeds and I live in Nigel, South Africa

15. Jenna Haselton July 26, 2016 at 6:40 pm #

Looking for seeds or cuttings of the Rosella (Roselle Hisbiscus Sabdariffa). Found some on line, paid but apparently now cant supply. I grew it many years ago and makes lovely jam.
    I will offer some Impala lily and Marlothi cactus when I collect this year.for anyone wanting some,

16. Justice Mutavhatsindi July 31, 2016 at 9:06 am #

I’m looking for bitter melon or it seeds I’m in south African please help me

17. Justice Mutavhatsindi July 31, 2016 at 9:12 am #

Hi I’m looking for bitter melon or it seeds I’m in south African please help me.u can whatsapp me at 0613016366

18. Mercy September 5, 2016 at 10:36 am #

Hi. I’m looking for bitter melo or the seeds. i am in Zimbabwe please help

19. Juliet September 17, 2016 at 1:51 pm #

I’m looking for bitter melon seeds, am in Pretoria, please help

20. Engelize de Lange September 19, 2016 at 4:21 pm #

I am looking for biter melon seeds to plant. I am in Kempton park at the airport.

21. Mike November 7, 2016 at 7:52 pm #

It available in China town in cyraildene near Bruma

22. Kevin November 18, 2016 at 10:41 am #

Hi Mike, do you have bitter Melon Seeds, if yes whats your cell no. want to get a few.

23. Colin Owen December 15, 2016 at 12:58 pm #

Hi Kevin did you get bitter melon seeds? I am also looking for them in Cape Town. You can e-mail me on colino@telkomsa.net