WANTED: Comfrey plants

Hi Sprig,

I would like to know where I can source some comfrey plants in Cape Town please.

Thanks,
Tina

12 Responses to WANTED: Comfrey plants

1. Lynda Jones August 23, 2012 at 11:53 am #

Hi!

I would also like to know where I could get comfrey plants on the Southern Peninsula side of the the Cape : )

Lynda

2. James August 24, 2012 at 7:48 pm #

Hi Tina
    I found an entry on this blog dated 16 March 2012 that could give you some help. One suggestion was Bridget Kitley Herb Nursery and Potager Landscaping(07) 9499 2209 Stellenbosch. If you up for the drive there is a lovely nursery in Porterville you could try. But I was amazed by this little herb and what they make from it – check this out http://www.theronscomfrey.co.za/.
    Much luck
    James

3. Travis August 27, 2012 at 4:58 pm #

Tina, Linda – if you want you could mail me on hedmekanik[at]gmail.com, and come round and get some comfrey root, which always shoots without fail. (I’m in Obs)

4. Amanda December 5, 2013 at 8:21 pm #

I just saw some comfrey for sale today at the Starke Ayres West Coast branch (Parklands main road). First time I’ve seen them at a nursery 🙂

5. Deon Bekker December 18, 2014 at 8:22 pm #

What would be the closest place/nursery,etc we can get Comfrey plants or roots from?

6. Sean August 17, 2015 at 11:40 am #

Did you find fresh plants….?

7. Sebusang Sebusang August 17, 2016 at 12:49 pm #

Did any of you manage to get the comfrey? I need some. I’m in Gaborone, Botswana. any pointers?

8. Nerina Favids January 16, 2017 at 7:17 pm #

I have loads of comfrey organically grown plants for sale in Germiston (Johannesburg) at R50.00 per plant.

9. parker February 14, 2017 at 11:59 pm #

Can you ship to Limpopo province?

10. Nerina February 15, 2017 at 6:39 am #

Hi, depends on how many plants you need

Kind regards
    Nerina

11. parker February 15, 2017 at 11:23 am #

Thank you. We want to plant for compost activator, veg garden fertilization and food for our chickens. Would not need many, 2 or 3 maybe because they grow and can be propagated so quick? Depends also on courier/postnet costs? We are in Modimolle, Limpopo.

12. Sebusang Sebusang February 15, 2017 at 2:35 pm #

Hi Nerina what would be the minimum number to courier to Gaborone? Let me know so I can make a plan to get some.