A little while back the kind folks at Consol gave us one of these Solar Jars to try out. We don’t really write too much about products on the blog but this one is a winner. I think it has real application for South Africa where we have a load of sun and not enough electricity. It is fairly sturdily built except for the breakable glass of course and apparently it offers up to six hours of light. Not too bad at R150. Check out more detail here.
Garden and Home Profile
- Emma: Thanks for the advice Dani! I have the same proble...
- Dani: Tania If you ever pass a spekboom plant (anywhe...
- Chelsea: Rama's in johannesburg no longer has the fresh tu...
- Hanlie: Hi Tania, I can help out with a few cuttings - ...
- Emmanuel zvada: Carera l used to sell it when l was in Zimbabwe to...
- Companion Planting Competition November 16, 2011
- How cool is spekboom? February 12, 2009
- Syringas March 11, 2009
- WIN: The Lazy Man’s Guide to Saving the World July 2, 2013
- Spring has Sprung Competition September 13, 2012
- OFFERED: Parrot Flower plants November 20, 2014
- WANTED: Spekboom cuttings – Durban/Cape Town November 7, 2014
- Everton Garden Tours October 30, 2014
- What is this weed? October 22, 2014
- SA tightens alien species regulation October 21, 2014
aloe cactus cape Cape Town climate change comfrey COP17 coral tree durban Durban Botanic Gardens eastern cape flower food fynbos grass greenpop how to indigenous Indigenous Plant Fair insects Karoo kitchen garden kwazulu-natal Mining orchid organic permaculture poaching pot plant recycling sa blog awards seeds soil spekboom succulent sustainability table mountain transkei travel tree urban farming water wild dagga wild garlic xolobeni
Follow @SPRIGBLOG on Twitter