A little while back the kind folks at Consol gave us one of these Solar Jars to try out. We don’t really write too much about products on the blog but this one is a winner. I think it has real application for South Africa where we have a load of sun and not enough electricity. It is fairly sturdily built except for the breakable glass of course 🙂 and apparently it offers up to six hours of light. Not too bad at R150. Check out more detail here.
- Yvonne Langeveldt: Hi Donovan, hope I am not to late, If there is sti...
- A Jordaan: Hi I am looking for comfrey tuberose not the comfr...
- Anthony: Good day anyone looking for bitter melon cuttings ...
- Audrey: Hi Donovan, looking for the Jade Vine, I am in Cap...
- Estelle Kuys: Hi I used kava kava about 18 years ago. I was so r...
- Companion Planting Competition November 16, 2011
- How cool is spekboom? February 12, 2009
- Wanted: Jade vine creeper July 17, 2012
- Syringas March 11, 2009
- WIN: The Lazy Man’s Guide to Saving the World July 2, 2013
- August 20, 2015
- The Shore Break August 20, 2015
- The Witness Garden Show 2015 July 23, 2015
- South Africa’s Plastic Recycling Statistics for 2014 July 1, 2015
- Help identifying tree often used in landscaping June 23, 2015
aloe cactus cape Cape Town climate change comfrey COP17 coral tree durban Durban Botanic Gardens eastern cape flower food fynbos greenpop how to indigenous Indigenous Plant Fair insects Karoo kitchen garden kwazulu-natal Mining orchid organic permaculture pot plant recycling sa blog awards seeds soil spekboom succulent sustainability table mountain transkei travel tree urban farming water wild coast wild dagga wild garlic xolobeni xolobeni mining