Green Felt Hearts Poetry Arts Experience in conjunction with Alliance Française de Durban (AF) invites you to dress in green and join us for an afternoon of fun-filled green activities.
Time: 2.30pm – 5.30pm
Venue: Alliance Française de Durban, 22 Sutton Crescent, Morningside
Some of the excitement includes:
- A ‘10-day to COP17’ bike ride from the Green Hub to AF arriving 14h30.
- Musician Steve Fataar appearance introducing special cycle song for the event
- A giant Green Heart Cake for a surprise announcement.
- Prizes for Adventure Nature Drawing
- Tree planting…
- Macaronic versing…
- Delectable selection of ‘shades of green’ macaroons, tasty treats and drinks for sale at *The Fat Croissant* Café at AF.
Courtesy Smarties, M&Ms and Astros. Participants encouraged to bring some along with them to be placed in the gift box for the disabled youth attached to Cycles 4 Social Justice (C4SJ).
Green Felt Hearts Poetry Arts Experience is a citizen-based organisation initiated under the C4SJ umbrella body that encourages arts and poetry experiences around themes of ecology, sustainable living and cycling. One of the organisation’s aims is to have everyone wearing a green felt heart during COP17.
Bike enthusiasts interested in joining the ‘10-day to COP17 Living Green’ bike ride should contact the Green Hub at 031 303 8476. For more information about the tree planting celebration at AF, contact Mikhail Peppas (Ecology & Cycling) at 073 923 1446 or Sanabelle Ebrahim at 082 545 6792.