On Saturday, 5 February 2011 Nedbank opened the country’s first wind powered branch in the Western Cape town of Du Noon making it the first bank branch in the country to derive its energy from sustainable energy source. The new branch will be powered by wind turbines installed by Eveready Kestrel Wind Turbines that will generate all the electrical power that the branch will need to operate. The branch will therefore not derive electricity from the national grid. Instead the existing power grid will only act as back-up energy source on the rare occasions when there is no wind energy to power the branch.
Nedbank opens first wind-powered branch in Du Noon, Western Cape
- mrs khan: hi I have trees for sale big and small.need urgent...
- Loraine: I would like to buy some Spanish moss Live in Gau...
- arielshailawoffice: My facebook Ariel Shai, email: firstname.lastname@example.org....
- arielshailawoffice: My name is Ariel Shai a past time MScAgr student a...
- Zara: Does anyone have an idea how much the plants/seedl...
- Companion Planting Competition November 16, 2011
- How cool is spekboom? February 12, 2009
- Syringas March 11, 2009
- Wanted: Jade vine creeper July 17, 2012
- WIN: The Lazy Man’s Guide to Saving the World July 2, 2013
- August 20, 2015
- The Shore Break August 20, 2015
- The Witness Garden Show 2015 July 23, 2015
- South Africa’s Plastic Recycling Statistics for 2014 July 1, 2015
- Help identifying tree often used in landscaping June 23, 2015
aloe cactus cape Cape Town climate change comfrey COP17 coral tree durban Durban Botanic Gardens eastern cape flower food fynbos greenpop how to indigenous Indigenous Plant Fair insects Karoo kitchen garden kwazulu-natal Mining orchid organic permaculture pot plant recycling sa blog awards seeds soil spekboom succulent sustainability table mountain transkei travel tree urban farming water wild coast wild dagga wild garlic xolobeni xolobeni mining