Recycling old paint & chemicals. Help!

Does anyone know how / where to recycle / safely dispose of old paint & chemicals, sealants etc. in Cape Town? I use abundance recycling but they don’t take such things….. I’m thinking if I take it with my charity box to Nazareth House they might just chuck in the trash, which is not the point. Help?? (have been googling, only to find “get creative with your old paint and decorate your plant pots” hmmm….)

Marian Park-Ross

14 Responses to Recycling old paint & chemicals. Help!

1. mol-d October 26, 2010 at 8:02 am #

hi marian, try here:

or else there are more options to sift through here:

good luck!

2. Toni Stella November 25, 2011 at 5:20 pm #

I am a paint chemist ,and very interested in your request.I am looking at starting up a paint recycling co.How much paint is involved ? What type of paints? Where do you find the paints?Feel fre to contact me 0ii-9077004 or 0827819669.
    Regards
    TONI

3. Johann Viljoen April 11, 2012 at 4:26 pm #

I am recyling thinners/paint Please make contact You can contact Dolf Uys in Durbanville Might be able to assist johann@agriven.co.za

4. Gina Knowler February 4, 2013 at 4:09 pm #

We live in the Midlands, KZN. Over the last decade while renovating our old house, we have accumulated a huge stash of unused, left-over and old paint, paint products, thinners, adhesives, sealants. There appears to be no safe place or recycling facility in KZN, never mind the country. We phoned Plascon who referred us the the local hardware stores. The hardware stores refer us to the local dump site that is, just dump it. Does anybody know anyone where one can take these products for recycling?

5. kamal lalla February 10, 2014 at 11:51 am #

Hi, my name is Kamal Lalla.I am looking to buy recycyled thinners for resale to the engineering industry. i will be able to buy large quantities. u can contact me on 0834748899 or 0313012860

6. zozo November 28, 2014 at 5:50 pm #

Woodstock Drop Off facility takes houshold paint and chemicals.

7. shirley long February 25, 2015 at 12:18 pm #

I live in Durban and need to get rid of old paint and chemicals as we are relocating, need to do by the weekend. Any suggestions?

8. Liz Rampfshaw September 3, 2015 at 9:12 am #

Hi

I am looking for donations of paint old or expired for a primary school in Zimbabwe. We need a total of 200litres so any assistance would be highly appreciated.
    Many Thanks

9. Desmond. September 8, 2015 at 9:24 am #

Hi Liz,contact me before 10 today.

10. Liz September 8, 2015 at 9:31 am #

Hi Desmond, If you could email me your details I will get in touch: liz@jenmansafaris.com

11. Tiekie Loots July 18, 2016 at 5:41 pm #

I am interested in your recycled latex paint
    How can I get hold of it?

12. Ashwini September 26, 2016 at 2:07 pm #

Hi.. I have small quantities of old paint thats spoilt.. how can I dispose of them safely??

13. pieter wardeck September 26, 2016 at 3:59 pm #

good day All

my company is established in Booysens Johannesburg I have 5 x 210 litre drums of paint mixed with thinners.
    is there a company that is in the market for recycling this kind of product if it is close by we can arrange deliver to your premises.

regards Pieter wardeck
    contact number 079 806 8116

14. Trever October 19, 2016 at 2:28 pm #

Good day
    We are a chemical recycling company.
    We specialize in paint recycling.
    We are based on the east rand.
    Collections can be arraigned.
    email: trever@mweb.co.za