I have some Parrot flower/ Congo Cockatoo plants (*Impatiens niamniamensis*) that I am interested in swapping for other equally interesting plants. Please see photo of my plants.
I am looking for Spekboom Cuttings to Guerrilla plant in Durban to hopefully absorb some CO2. I will be in CT from 14-18 Nov if anybody there has some. Tania email@example.com
Dear Spriggers, The 9 am and 2 pm tours of this wildlife-friendly garden on Sunday 9 November are not yet fully booked. Please find details attached. Please contact us soon should you wish to go on one of the tours. Many thanks, Sandra, Botanical Society of South Africa Tel: 031 201 5111 20141109-Everton.pdf
The Department of Environmental Affairs has set aside R200 million to further regulate invasive alien species. The amount budgeted over the next three years is in addition to the R4.2-billion budget to control alien species through the Working for Water Programme. Invasive alien species are species that have been introduced into an area and are […]
The South African National Biodiversity Institute (SANBI) in partnership with the Eastern Cape Parks and Tourism Agency (ECPTA) celebrated the declaration of the Kwelera National Botanical Garden (NBG) on Tuesday 30 September 2014 in East London. The establishment of Kwelera NBG in the Eastern Cape brings the number of South Africa’s National Botanical Gardens (NBGs) […]
Good day I am in need of either Pappea capensis seedlings, seeds or samplings or preferably all of them. I am doing a project and I require quite a lot of the trees. Do you have any in stock? Know anyone with stock? or can you direct me to anyone that could help me out? […]
Hi Everyone I am new to the blog. Just moved into a new house with no garden – the tenants of the last year let everything die. Want to start an indigenous garden with Natal cabbage tree/Natal kiepersol and pom-pom trees. Is there perhaps someone in the Pietermaritzburg area that have available? Antonet Jooste 072 […]
Hi I am looking for Pepino (Melon Pear) seedlings in the Western Cape – can you help? I have tried the main nurseries (eg Stodels and Cape Garden Centre), but cannot find it anywhere! rgds Juan Jager 084 777 3069
Any ideas what is abusing the leaves of my succulents? And what to do to stop it? (I haven’t seen any snails)
Garden and Home Profile
- Emma: Thanks for the advice Dani! I have the same proble...
- Dani: Tania If you ever pass a spekboom plant (anywhe...
- Chelsea: Rama's in johannesburg no longer has the fresh tu...
- Hanlie: Hi Tania, I can help out with a few cuttings - ...
- Emmanuel zvada: Carera l used to sell it when l was in Zimbabwe to...
- Companion Planting Competition November 16, 2011
- How cool is spekboom? February 12, 2009
- Syringas March 11, 2009
- WIN: The Lazy Man’s Guide to Saving the World July 2, 2013
- Spring has Sprung Competition September 13, 2012
- OFFERED: Parrot Flower plants November 20, 2014
- WANTED: Spekboom cuttings – Durban/Cape Town November 7, 2014
- Everton Garden Tours October 30, 2014
- What is this weed? October 22, 2014
- SA tightens alien species regulation October 21, 2014
Follow @SPRIGBLOG on Twitter