Hi Everyone, My avo tree is looking a little worse for wear. I am not sue what the issue is but the leaves have browned and it is looking a little dead. See pics. I am sure it looks a bit like this each year in mid-winter but there are also a fair few ants on […]
This is amazing!
William John Burchell, the famous explorer and naturalist, encamped in the shadows of George Peak during his travels through the Cape Colony in the months of September and October of 1814. Four local historical and heritage societies of the Southern Cape will be hosting a very special event to celebrate the bicentenary of Burchell’s visit. […]
Gregory Kloehn goes dumpster diving, but not for the reason that most people would think. He isn’t homeless. Rather, he is an artist who is trying to help the homeless and develop his craft at the same time. Instead of building sculptures that he would sell to rich people to add to their homes, he decided to focus his efforts […]
Good Morning, I have a friend whose dog is allergic to grass . What could he plant as an alternative? Thanks and Regards, Diane
Hello, Just found your blog as I was searching the net for turmeric bulbs. Have been searching for a long time, but with no luck. Would you know where I can get some for planting? I live in Johannesburg. Much appreciated, Marita Palazzo email@example.com
Glistening like some delectable sugary surprise. I’m not sure of the name of this particular plant, but then so rare and endemic are the flora species of the Richtersveld that not many others know either. The climate here is harsh. Summer temps soar to 60 degrees (Celsius). Nights are cool and bring with them heavy […]
I am wanting to make an indigenous grassland in part of my garden and would love any seeds and/or plants if anyone has any. Thanks very much, Amy (Pmb, KZN)
Dear all on Sprig Please see attached for details of our next fund-raising talk: EPIPHYTIC ORCHIDS IN THE KZN AREA, by eThekwini’s Teddy Govender, at the Durban Botanic Gardens Visitors Centre, on Sunday, 22 June at 15h00. Please kindly book in advance, for catering purposes, to email: firstname.lastname@example.org. 20140622-Epiphytic-Orchids-talk.pdf
Hi! We are a brand new NPO in Durban called G.E.E.K2! which stands for Green Education Equals Knowledge and Knowhow! We go in to underpriveledged areas and educate the youths about sustainability and conservation concerns. We have just been allocated a little bit of money and want to use it towards sustainable vegetable gardens. I […]
Garden and Home Profile
- Desiree: A recent study in the Eastern Cape has highlighted...
- Trang: Its also very good for who got problem with stomac...
- Trang: Fesh turmeric is very good for scars and skin.Crus...
- Kally: I was at Kroger and decided to buy two new plants....
- Veronika: Hi Do you still have any available? Regards Ve...
- Companion Planting Competition November 16, 2011
- How cool is spekboom? February 12, 2009
- Syringas March 11, 2009
- WIN: The Lazy Man’s Guide to Saving the World July 2, 2013
- Spring has Sprung Competition September 13, 2012
- Help my Avo July 30, 2014
- Inglorious Fruits and Vegetables July 18, 2014
- William John Burchell Commemoration 2014 July 15, 2014
- Recycled Houses July 8, 2014
- Alternative to Grass? June 23, 2014
Follow @SPRIGBLOG on Twitter