Hello, I am writing about hi-tech garden gadgets and/or online garden shopping . I am interested in hearing which gadgets people use in their gardens, what they shop for online and which, if any, mobile apps they find useful for gardening. Any info in the comments would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Patricia
This guy has great initiative! THE FARM: ORIGINSWhen Ian Cheney moved to New York City after making King Corn, a film about growing an acre of America’s most subsidised commodity crop, he wanted to grow something a little different. After all, he’d seen firsthand the problems associated with growing a crop like yellow dent #2 […]
Date/Time: 26 April, 08h30 – 15h00 Venue: The Birches Pre-Primary School, 1 Oribi Cres, Sarnia Cost: R210 pp (email for bank details to secure booking) This course introduces Permaculture, and its basic principles. We look at soil maintenance, natural fertilizers, and how to start your very own no-dig food garden, by using sheet-mulching and integrating […]
The Creating Schools Programme adopts a holistic approach to education, focusing not only on the development of the learners in the schools, but also on the advancement of the community as a whole. The food garden at Vele Secondary School is a great example of how a school can form the nucleus of a community, […]
Have a look at the attached infographic – it takes you through the planting season in South Africa. Showing you what plants can be planted in every month of the year. Helping you to create your own vegetable garden in your home! By Jade, Durban www.4everdeck.co.za
Hi I live in Pinetown (Durban) and looking for Arums and red hot pokers plants. Thanks!
How can I get some quantity of Tetradenia riparia plant? I need it for my research studies. Thanks, Collins
Wanted: Dioscorea Elephanipes plant. Also looking for Dioscorea Sylvatica and Trachyandra Tertilis plants. Any info would help please? And Thanks. Gabriel
The 2014 Cape Town Eco Film Festival will take place at the Labia Theatre on Orange Street in Cape Town, South Africa from Thursday the 27th of March to Monday the 31st of March. The event brings the best local and international documentary films focusing on environmental issues to Cape Town. See details of the films […]
A little while back my wife and I made the trip to Papkuilsfontein near Nieuwoudtville in the Northern Cape. There is loads to do (bird-watching, hiking, trail running, swimming) or nothing. We opted for much of the latter but when we did there was a world of plant and animal life to explore. Parts of Papkuilsfontein have been […]
Garden and Home Profile
- Ambassador Suite: I am really impressed with your writing skills as ...
- Riana: Where can I find one? been looking for a jade vine...
- mbolo: Do you still need bitter melon seedm I have a quan...
- Kath: Thankyou so much for this infographic. I have been...
- Jean Rodel: I would contact a wholesale grower. Where are you?...
- Companion Planting Competition November 16, 2011
- How cool is spekboom? February 12, 2009
- Syringas March 11, 2009
- WIN: The Lazy Man’s Guide to Saving the World July 2, 2013
- Spring has Sprung Competition September 13, 2012
- Gardening gadgets etc?! April 17, 2014
- Truck Farm April 14, 2014
- Permaculture Food Garden Workshop April 8, 2014
- A Well (G)rounded School March 31, 2014
- South Africa Planting Guide March 26, 2014
Follow @SPRIGBLOG on Twitter