Hi there, Does anyone know how to propagate aristida junciformis or where I can get seed from? I have patches of overgrazed land I’d like to plant up to hold the soil. Regards, Rob
Hello everybody. I was wondering if anybody had some saffron bulbs to share with me. I was hoping to plant some this spring, after discovering what a beautiful flower the plant has; however, up till now I’ve had no luck trying to source the bulbs. I’m based in Johannesburg – Fordsburg area. Thanks Joe email@example.com
Hi. I am new to page and container gardening. I stay in University Estate – only been there 2 years. So not sure what grows or not there – but I am looking at doing container gardening as my garden is not flat and I have cats that I don’t want near my veggies. Is […]
Hi, I live in Bellville and can not find any shallot bulbs or shallot seed in the Western Cape. Can anyone tell me where to find some bulbs or seed? I’m willing to pay postage and other expences. Please help!!!! Louw le Roux 0834217247
Rainfall being close to all gardeners hearts, I thought I’d start here! Does anybody know which website to use to get a comparison of this year’s rainfall with previous years? (The jury still seems to be out on whether we’re in an El Nino phase and if so how potent it is).
Hi Everyone, My avo tree is looking a little worse for wear. I am not sue what the issue is but the leaves have browned and it is looking a little dead. See pics. I am sure it looks a bit like this each year in mid-winter but there are also a fair few ants on […]
This is amazing!
William John Burchell, the famous explorer and naturalist, encamped in the shadows of George Peak during his travels through the Cape Colony in the months of September and October of 1814. Four local historical and heritage societies of the Southern Cape will be hosting a very special event to celebrate the bicentenary of Burchell’s visit. […]
Gregory Kloehn goes dumpster diving, but not for the reason that most people would think. He isn’t homeless. Rather, he is an artist who is trying to help the homeless and develop his craft at the same time. Instead of building sculptures that he would sell to rich people to add to their homes, he decided to focus his efforts […]
Good Morning, I have a friend whose dog is allergic to grass . What could he plant as an alternative? Thanks and Regards, Diane
Garden and Home Profile
- Kareen Whitcher: Im desperate every night we hear load croaking fro...
- Joe: I see spekboom featuring quite prominently within ...
- Diana Studer: I don't know where you are, but spekboom is amazi...
- realtor: Oh my goodness! Incredible article dude! Many than...
- best digital cameras 2014: Whats up are using Wordpress for your blog platfor...
- Companion Planting Competition November 16, 2011
- How cool is spekboom? February 12, 2009
- Syringas March 11, 2009
- WIN: The Lazy Man’s Guide to Saving the World July 2, 2013
- Spring has Sprung Competition September 13, 2012
- Aristida junciformis September 15, 2014
- WANTED: Saffron bulbs August 30, 2014
- Container Gardening Tips August 25, 2014
- WANTED: shallot bulbs or seed August 17, 2014
- Durban rainfall August 13, 2014
Follow @SPRIGBLOG on Twitter