The Department of Environmental Affairs has set aside R200 million to further regulate invasive alien species. The amount budgeted over the next three years is in addition to the R4.2-billion budget to control alien species through the Working for Water Programme. Invasive alien species are species that have been introduced into an area and are […]
The South African National Biodiversity Institute (SANBI) in partnership with the Eastern Cape Parks and Tourism Agency (ECPTA) celebrated the declaration of the Kwelera National Botanical Garden (NBG) on Tuesday 30 September 2014 in East London. The establishment of Kwelera NBG in the Eastern Cape brings the number of South Africa’s National Botanical Gardens (NBGs) […]
Good day I am in need of either Pappea capensis seedlings, seeds or samplings or preferably all of them. I am doing a project and I require quite a lot of the trees. Do you have any in stock? Know anyone with stock? or can you direct me to anyone that could help me out? […]
Hi Everyone I am new to the blog. Just moved into a new house with no garden – the tenants of the last year let everything die. Want to start an indigenous garden with Natal cabbage tree/Natal kiepersol and pom-pom trees. Is there perhaps someone in the Pietermaritzburg area that have available? Antonet Jooste 072 […]
Hi I am looking for Pepino (Melon Pear) seedlings in the Western Cape – can you help? I have tried the main nurseries (eg Stodels and Cape Garden Centre), but cannot find it anywhere! rgds Juan Jager 084 777 3069
Any ideas what is abusing the leaves of my succulents? And what to do to stop it? (I haven’t seen any snails)
Hey, I’m looking for any indigenous tree seeds or cuttings of trees that are able to survive cold conditions (NKZN) I have many different aloes and flower seeds to swop. Thanks Suzan
Hello, We are a non-profit urban agriculture organisation growing food on the slopes of Signal Hill in Cape Town, seeking to improve food security, promote sustainable livelihoods and create employment for our members. Tyisa Nabanye, consisting of eight members; Mzu, Lumko, Unathi, Chuma, Lizza, Vuyo, Masi and myself, started a permaculture vegetable garden created out […]
Hi Sprig, I planted Granadilla seeds in January and February and I have more seedlings than I need. Some of them are only 4cm high, some a little bigger and they still need growing in pots for at least another 6 to 12 months. I’m in Waterfall Ext 3, Durban if anyone would like, they […]
Garden and Home Profile
- Travis: Likely slugs or snails – my Crassulas have much ...
- Travis: It's a white Nicotiana alata. More info here: ...
- Planet Peace: My word - the flowers are so beautiful, like littl...
- Planet Peace: Hi Tracey, I see this was published on Sprig 18 Se...
- JuliannaGee: What is the good of regulations and laws, when the...
- Companion Planting Competition November 16, 2011
- How cool is spekboom? February 12, 2009
- Syringas March 11, 2009
- WIN: The Lazy Man’s Guide to Saving the World July 2, 2013
- Spring has Sprung Competition September 13, 2012
- What is this weed? October 22, 2014
- SA tightens alien species regulation October 21, 2014
- Minister Launches Botanic Gardens in Eastern Cape October 20, 2014
- Wanted: Pappea capensis October 8, 2014
- Wanted: young cabbage tree October 6, 2014
Follow @SPRIGBLOG on Twitter