Hi, Please could you help me in locating fresh comfrey leafs? I live in Durban South Africa Thanks your response is highly appreciated. Regards, Shobana
Are you struggling with your raised bed garden soil quality? Or are you simply looking to extend its life? The following five tips will not only improve the quality of your soil, but will potentially add years to its life cycle as well. Cover Crop Many gardeners believe that this method is exclusively reserved for […]
Hello, I live in Durban KZN and i am looking for the Wild Garlic Plant. Does anyone know where I can get it? Reena
Last year my wife and I visited the Redwood National and State Parks along the Redwood Highway. There is a patchwork of these parks and we drove through all of them but focussed on the national park and Prairie Creek. We stayed in our little cabin in Trinidad, a tiny coastal town right near the […]
A working group on invasive alien plants (IAPs) programmes in KwaZulu-Natal are running a pilot study for naming invasive alien plants in isiZulu. This group of people includes environmentalists who come from different parts of KwaZulu-Natal and speak isiZulu in different dialects. Inappropriate naming of IAPs creates communication barrier in involving the public when combating invasive […]
The team at the Woza eNanda Walking Trail are busy doing a clean-up of the area, with a focus on clearing alien plants. To this end their resident horticulturalist, Lindelani Zuke, has written a blog post on some of the indigenous plants found in Inanda, asking for feedback from the community regarding what the different plants are […]
Hi! I am looking for industrial hemp seed. If there is anywhere or anyone that might know or sell it please let me know. I am in the Eastern Cape and you can email me at email@example.com Thanking you, Sian
Thamnocalamus tessellatus ( Arundinaria tessellatus ) ,mountain bamboo, our Botanical Gardens so far haven’t it for sale or any nursery I so far contacted, but overseas bamboo nurseries sell it ,what a shame! Has anybody good news ? Sabine
Dear all on Sprig You may like to know about our next talk – on frogs – entitled: CONSERVATION IN YOUR BACKYARD: HELPING PROTECT THE MOST THREATENED ANIMALS ON EARTH, to be given by Dr Jeanne Tarrant of the Endangered Wildlife Trust, on Tuesday, 28 January at the Durban Botanic Gardens Visitors Centre at 6 […]
Spriggers, have a peaceful and happy holiday! See you in 2014.
Garden and Home Profile
- REENA: Hi JuliannaGee I am awiating your call as to wh...
- REENA: My contact no.is 031-2743869 or 0845781651...
- REENA: Hi Can i have your phone number so ttat i acn p...
- JuliannaGee: If you mean the one with purple flowers, I have pl...
- Albert: Where does one get karela / bitter gourd seeds in ...
- Companion Planting Competition November 16, 2011
- How cool is spekboom? February 12, 2009
- Syringas March 11, 2009
- WIN: The Lazy Man’s Guide to Saving the World July 2, 2013
- Spring has Sprung Competition September 13, 2012
- WANTED: Fresh Comfrey Leaves March 6, 2014
- Five Ways to Improve Your Raised Bed Garden Soil March 5, 2014
- WANTED: Wild Garlic February 28, 2014
- Giant Redwoods! February 27, 2014
- Naming Invasive Alien Plants in Zulu February 26, 2014
Follow @SPRIGBLOG on Twitter